Business Marketing Blogs
Blogs are becoming increasingly popular for businesses as lead generation tools, however, there is much to consider when thinking about a blog for your business.
Why Blogging Works
- Search Engine Marketing and Need to be found in organic results
- Consumers want more lucidity from companies.
- Blogs are more personable, less refined and genuine.
Why Business Blogs Fail
- There is no strategy, no main focus from a company’s employee. Rather it is someone’s side job or not a job in the company at all.
- Blogs need:
- Platform that is optimized for search
- Content that is optimized for search
- Ongoing analysis of the blog’s performance – to make sure goals are set and achieved.
- Search Engines Like:
- Recent, frequent and relevant information
- Blogs need:
- Businesses do not understand or implement the use of keywords
- Most Businesses, if they do have an understanding of keywords, tend to stuff their pages with keywords, when that will ruin their Google opportunities.
- Business blogs turn into regurgitated press releases.
- Topics don’t spark comments or feedback.
- Posts lack personality and thought leadership
Why Businesses Need Help
- Lack of knowledge of keyword importance
- Need help publicizing of the content
- Gaining Search Engine status requires a lengthy analysis of your business, its competitors, your current web presence and then where you would like to be.
- Great blogging requires constant attention and care; it is never an overnight success.
Business Blogging Goals:
- Strategy – what are the company’s goals with the blog? Defining a strategy to the purpose of the blog is very important to the blog’s success.
- Writing – needs to be consistent, fresh, with mixed up content to attract different readers
- Needs to include customer’s stories, successes and testimonials
- Publishing – the blog needs to be published on a consistent basis. If you decide to publish once/week, then you need to stick to that.
- Monitoring – the blog needs to be monitored by someone that is watching keywords and competitors.
- Optimization – the blog needs to be organized and optimized for great search engine results.
- Helping Businesses with their blogging goals – strategy, writing, publishing, monitoring and optimization.
If you want to participate in the blogosphere, then you have to be producing content on a daily basis and posting it on a daily basis.